Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Official Concession


My fellow Americans,
I am writing to you in the early hours of this morning, November 5th 2008, to make my concession of defeat to my former opponent, President Elect, Barak Obama. I would like to thank all of my supporter in this race who put their faith in my leadership for years. Yes you, (the one person who voted for me), are my rock and I can say with complete sincerity that is has been a tremendous honor to run in this historic election. Despite our differences, I encourage all Americans to look past those things that serve to divide us stand behind the man who will soon become our executive.

To my friends who have spent sleepless hours worrying about the outcome of this election, I extend a challenge. A challenge to truly "ask not what your country can do for you." May we never forget that true change happens on the streets and in the hearts and minds of the people of this nation. You can vote for a person because of the beliefs they hold and the legislation they support, but that legislation can never make a person see murder and injustice, pain and persecution, hunger and desperation in the way that our relationships with one another can. Look around - where you see injustice ask yourself in what place it truly exists. Does it exist in a law book, a policy, or a war? Is it written on mere paper, or is it written on the hearts of the people who live in the house next door or work in your office? My friends, it is time to talk to those we disagree with and just as importantly, to listen. Only through talking, listening, and loving will true change for the better take root.

Goodnight and thank you!

-Nathaniel Sloan
Omega-3-Free-Radical-Party candidate for President

No comments: