Friday, December 19, 2008

Bandages and Brillo Pads


Illistration of McKinley's Assassination. Check out the guy behind the president. If I could caption him according to his expression he would be saying, "Sweet Gravy and Potatoes!"

Ain't Gettin' Any Younger

Today is the birthday of one of my dear Caswell friends, (who shall remain nameless so as to protect her anonymity), and it's a very special birthday at that, because it's her 18th. I asked her if she planned to buy any smokes - then I realized that on my 18th birthday I did not, myself, go and purchase any smokes. This disappointed me.
My next thought naturally went to birthday anniversary #21, during which I did not celebrate by purchasing alcohol. I am left with only two age/legality milestones ahead of me and I don't foresee either of them going down the day of, now that I think about it. At 25 I can rent a car, (talk about a killer way to celebrate), and at age 35 I can be president.
To date, the youngest president to have served is the great Teddy Roosevelt at the ripe age of 42 - a feat accomplished only because old Will McKinley got a couple of caps popped in him that September. Looks like I missed out on one of the little joys in life.

Kangadoo: The poo of a Kangaroo.

No comments: