Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sure-Fired

I thought it would be fun to start April off with a brilliant craigslist find that Joe ran across today. Here is the listing as it appears in full:

Iphone 3g 8gig - $200 (Durham)
I'm selling my Iphone cuz it was left in the shower didn't get wet but the steam got in the screen.
And it looks foggy only asking 200 no charger no data cable The phone is in good shape.\


I'm going to forgive a few things here right off the bat - namely the poor spelling, sentence fragment, and the fact that "I" is capitalized in iPhone. Beyond that let us consider what he is offering.
It's an iPhone with a moderately to severely water damaged screen, no charger, and no USB cable. Assuming you would like to buy one that did happen to function correctly, (for instance, a brand new one) you would pay just $199. That's right - with a service contract, AT&T will actually sell you an iPhone for less than Mr. Shady's water-damaged special. I suppose we shouldn't really worry about the damaged screen, though. After all, it's not like the screen is a part of the phone or anything, (?) and according to his listing the phone portion of the phone is in great working order (though you may have some trouble confirming this if the battery is dead because there is no way to charge it).

Ah, America!

2 comments:

koohyuko said...

The problem here is that someone would actually consider buying an iPhone... Seriously, $200 with a contract? My awesome phone costed $0 with a contract. Bam.

JaySun said...

Wow, thats funny. In all honesty when I was working for the school paper I would see that all the time "Ipod" instead of iPod. AP style book can do wonders to a craigslist posting.