Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pollen - nated

There are few things as beautiful and absolutely reassuring as a day like today.

Amidst constant talk of poor economic climate, it's ironic how something related to our physical climate can make people forget their heavy woes - money, family, jobs, etc. For one beautiful sunny day, the only thing you really care about is going for a walk or taking a ride with the top down.

My friend Matt is a cool guy. I'm really thankful to have friends in my life like him - and I'm blessed with friends from every season of my life. Matt is one of my last remaining friends from the high school season and we're still just as comfortable hanging out as we were nearly 8 years ago when we first met. In a time when everything in my life seems uncertain and insecure, it's nice to go back to Benson and wander into Matt mad laboratory of a basement and talk about nerdy movies and stuff that only we think is cool.

I left Matt's house around 11 PM and started the 15 minute drive back to Four Oaks under a clear, star-studded spring sky. Music blasting and crisp air swirling past my face from an open sunroof, I replayed memories of the similar trips I've made so many times before. A younger man with no less of a plan. Sometimes life in this crazy and imperfect world is truly beautiful.

No comments: