Thursday, July 31, 2008

Delicious Rice

There is a youth group staying in Paradise, (one of the buildings on campus, for those of you who don't know), and they're really nice. The lady whom I assume is responsible for organizing the meals told David that we were welcome to every meal and to come when we were hungry and bring friends. Their food is pretty incredible. Tonight we had homemade chicken casserole, some sort of fried rice with shrimp sauce, corn, green beans, potatoes, and homemade pound cake. To have that instead of cafeteria dinner is absolutely amazing.

I got to talk to several of the kids in the group too. Each night I sit at a different table, tonight was a table of girls. I think I still remember most of their names. Thats a pretty big deal for someone like me. I usually forget people's names about three seconds after they tell me. Actually, when they tell me, I often don't listen to begin with - then I think, "CRAP! IDIOT!" right after they're finished telling me because I realize that I wasn't listening. I do the same thing with books. Sometimes I'll read three pages before I figure out that I haven't actually read a word but have instead been deep in thought on what my favorite omelet ingredients are.

I'm halfway finished filing my knife. Consequently, my hand hurts like a nutter butter from hand filing for over an hour and a half.

Real Nutter Butters are delicious. Just like the dinner I had tonight.

No comments: